The annual PARA Christmas Dinner was celebrated Monday, December 9, 2018 at Casa Mexicana Restaurant on Village Square Drive in Paducah. The special occasion has traditionally convened in lieu of a formal December club meeting. Snapshots of the approximately 26 members and guests in attendance enjoying excellent food and spirited conversation are shown below: (click on image for slide show)
PARA Net Controls (late December/early January)
December 15 Jeff KB9BVL PARA 13 check-ins
December 22 Steve NW9W PARA 10 check-ins
December 29 Steve NW9W PARA 9 check-ins
January 5 Garry KD4GCY PARA 17 check-ins
January 5 Logan KG4VKB ARES 15 check-ins
January 12 Frank KY4LDS PARA 15 check-ins
PARA 2018 Statistics
- PARA meets at Emerging Technology Center, WKCTC on 2nd Monday, 7 pm, each month except December. Prospective hams in search of general info concerning the hobby may Google ARRL.com and click on relevant headings.
- New License and upgrades exams are offered at the close of each meeting night throughout the year. See W4NJA web site at w4nja.org. For info click button at the top of the page: About Us, then VE License Testing.
- The Sunday Night Net meets each Sunday night at 9 PM. All amateur radio operators are invited to check in. 147.060 PL 179.9 The ARES monthly net convenes immediately following PARA net on first Sunday nights.
- CW round table for on-the-air operating practice, 6:30 pm Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Meet on W4NJA 147.060 repeater at 8:00 to get instructions.
- Amateur Radio Emergency Services meetings are held at 7:00 pm on 3rd Thursdays, 3700 Coleman Road EOC building in the Jack Johnston meeting room.