Minutes for PARA Meeting of Aug 8, 2022
Club President Garry, KD4GCY presided and called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. and led the membership in the Pledge of Allegiance to the US Flag.
Club Scribe Michael, KN4TIP, read the Minutes of the July 11, 2022 meeting to the membership. – KM4LDP-Jeff made a motion to approve the Minutes as read and KC4DR- Don seconded the motion. The motion was voted on and carried.
Club Treasurer Roger, KC4WPS, read the financial report to the membership. KN4TIP-Michael made a motion to approve the Report as read and ND4X-Paul seconded. The motion was voted on and carried.
There were 17 attendees at the meeting. Introductions were made around the room
President Garry led the membership in discussion on the following topics:
- Aug 5, 2022 Hospital test involving multiple contacts to WBH and Massac Memorial Hospital
- KC4WPS-Roger led discussion of possibility of reinvesting current CD’s to a higher return investment
- Review of 2022 Field Day Stats
- Upcoming “Senior Learning For Fun” program on Ham Radio Thursday September 22, 2022 from 2-3pm – We will have a short PowerPoint program and then invite the seniors out to the patio area where we will have multiple radios setup including- a “GoBox”, Digital Mode, SSB and 2m rigs for the seniors to have a GOTA exercise.
- KG4VKB-Logan will set up a meeting with Dr. Vanhoose to discuss the club taking over the EchoLink node. KM4LDP -Jeff has offered to allow us to set it up at his location for easy access to the equipment.
- A review of recent and upcoming events including:
July 30 Moonlight Bike Ride,
Weekend of Oct 15: Big Brown Truck Pull, Fort Massac Encampment,
Sept 17 Big Boy Toys,
Sept 24 BBQ on the River
- Net Control Operator assignments were made and the formal portion of the meeting was adjourned
Aug 14: KB9BVL- Jeff
Aug 21: KN4TIP- Michael
Aug 28: KY4LDS- Frank
Sep 04: KC4WPS-Roger
Sep 11: KD4GCY- Garry
Presentations were made on:
Spectrum Analyzer by KD4GCY- Garry
Converted Dish antenna to a 2m half-wave slot antenna by KN4TIP-Michael
Adjustable voltage/and connection Wall warts by KY4LDS- Frank