We, the undersigned, wishing to secure for ourselves the pleasures and benefits of the association of persons commonly interested in Amateur Radio, constitute ourselves as the Paducah Amateur Radio Association, and enact this constitution as our governing law. It shall be our purpose to further the exchange of information and cooperation between members, to promote radio knowledge, fraternalism and individual operating efficiency, and to so conduct programs and activities as to advance the general interest and welfare of Amateur Radio in the community.
All persons interested in Amateur Radio Communication* shall be eligible for membership. Membership shall be by application and election upon such terms as the club shall by its By-Laws provide.
*An individual interest in radio technique solely with a personal aim and without pecuniary interest.
Section 1. The Officers of this club shall be: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Program Chairman. The Officers of this club shall be licensed amateurs and shall be elected for a term of one year by a ballot of the members present, provided there be a quorum, at the January monthly meeting.
Section 2. Vacancies occurring between elections must be filled by Special Elections at the first regular meeting following the meeting at which the withdrawal or resignation is announced. Nominations will be made from the floor, either in writing or by voice.
Section 3. Officers may be removed by a two-thirds vote of the membership.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section 1. The President shall preside at all meetings of this Association, and conduct the same according to the rules adopted. He shall enforce observance of the Constitution and By-Laws, decide all questions of order, sign all official documents that are adopted by this Association and none other, and perform all other customary duties pertaining to the office of President. The President shall appoint all operating committees.
Section 2. The Vice-President shall assume all the duties of the President in the absence of the latter.
Section 3. The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of all meetings, keep a roll of members, submit applications for membership, carry on all correspondence, and read communications at each meeting. He shall at the expiration of his term, turn over all items belonging to the Association to his successor.
Section 4. The Treasurer shall receive and receipt for all moneys paid to the Association, he shall keep an accurate account of all moneys received and expended. He shall pay no bills without proper authorization (by the Association or its officers constituting a business committee). At the end of each quarter he shall submit an itemized statement of disbursements and receipts. He shall at the expiration of his term turn over everything in his possession belonging to the Association to his successor.
Section 5. The Program Chairman shall arrange for programs at each regular monthly meeting.
The By-Laws shall provide for regular and special meetings. At meetings, one-third of the Membership shall be present to constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
The Association, by majority vote of those present at any regular meeting, may levy upon the general Membership such dues or assessments as shall be deemed necessary for the business of the organization within its objectives as set forth in the preamble. Non-payment of such dues or assessments after a period of six (6) months shall be cause for expulsion from the Association.
The Constitution or the By-Laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the total membership, present and proxy, and approved by two-thirds of members present and proxy. Proposals for amendments shall be submitted in writing at a regular meeting, and may not be voted on until a next regular meeting, and providing that all members are notified by mail of the intent to amend the Constitution and/or By-Laws at said meeting.
Robert’s Rules shall govern proceedings.
The Association shall strive to be an American Radio Relay League affiliated organization.
1. SECRETARY – It shall be the duty of the Secretary to keep the Constitution and By-Laws of the Association and have the same with him at every meeting. He shall cause all amendments, changes, and additions to be noted thereon and shall permit the same to be consulted by members upon request. He shall also maintain an inventory of all Association properties.
2. TREASURER – Financial statements will reflect balances in the General Account. Accounts must have signatures of either the President or Treasurer. The Treasurer will provide a verbal financial report at each regular monthly meeting.
3. MEMBERSHIP – Full membership is open to all licensed amateurs. Membership is open to all other interested persons. Full Membership includes all Association privileges, as well as rights to hold an Association office. Membership includes all privileges except the right to hold office. Applications for membership shall be submitted at regular meetings.
4. MEETINGS – Regular meetings shall be held monthly at such time and place as the President shall order. Special meetings may be called by the President or upon the written request of any five (5) Association members. Notices shall be sent to Members concerning special meetings and the business to be transacted. Only such business as designated shall be transacted. Such notices shall be sent so that in the ordinary postal delivery they arrive not less than twenty-four (24) hours before the meeting time.
5. DUES – Dues shall be due and payable January 1 as set by an Association quorum. A person becoming a new member after April 1 shall pay dues prorated for the remainder of the fiscal year. Family Plan Memberships shall be one Full Member, then all additional members of the same household shall pay a reduced rate as set by an Association quorum and shall be due and payable January 1.
6. SPECIAL COMMITTEES – Special Committees shall be appointed by the presiding officer.