PADUCAH AMATEUR RADIO MINUTES 10 FEBRUARY 2014
1. President Mike Newman called the meeting to order at 7 pm.
2. Treasurers report was given by club Treasurer Paul Smith and approved.
3. Minutes from the January 12, 2014 meeting were read by Secretary Gene Summers and
1. No old business.
1. Web page developer Rob Larrison presented an alternative website host (Hover) that
would only cost about $28 a year. Discussion. Mike Newman made a motion to approve
the new host, motion was approved.
2. The March Union City Hamfest flyer was discussed and passed around.
3. A Questionnaire was presented and discussed by Mike Newman asking about club
interests for future events.
4. The ARRL Centennial Celebration was presented by Paul Smith for operations on March
5, 2014 at 6 pm, at Mike Newman’s QTH, using W1AW/4 in a contest setting. Operators
interested in this event were asked to see Paul.
5. Mike Newman ask of a possible new meeting location, Jim Rudd said he would check on
using the Emerging Technology Building, and will get back with Mike.
6. Treasurer Paul Smith noted that Club dues are due, payable to Paul.
7. Mike Newman suggested adding pictures of our Ham Radio shacks, etc, to the Club web
8. Also mentioned, was that the Romeo group meets each Thursday 11 am for lunch at
Micheal’s Pizza on Jefferson.
9. The Meeting was adjourned at 7:34pm.
3 upgraded to General Class and 2 upgraded to Amateur Extra.