PADUCAH AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATION 10 NOVEMBER, 2014
- Meeting started at 6:50 pm by President Mike Newman (WD4EFZ)
- Each person attending introduced themselves with call sign and QTH
- Minutes were read by substitute Secretary Ed Pflueger (AB4IQ)
- Club Treasurer Paul Smith (ND4X) read the Treasurer’s report
- Daniel reminded of us of the desire to meet on the repeater on Thursday nights @ 9:00 pm (03:00 UTC) for a roundtable net.
- President Mike Newman asked for volunteers to be on the officer selection committee. Jerry Foland (WA4TTL) and Fred Carter (AI4EY) Volunteered.
- Paul Smith requested a By-Law change in the mode to contact members. In the past it said members would be notified by mail and due to the advances in technology was suggested to say Email. Voted and Passed
- Bruce Huyck (KS4V) said he had a Mirage 10W in 80W out 2 meter amplifier that belonged to the club. He suggested selling it for a donation to the club. No response at this time. Contact Bruce if you want it.
- Ken Wontor (WA9WJL) gave a presentation on End Fed Zepp Antennas it the theory behind it. It was preceded by a short cartoon clip.
- Frank (KY4LDS) had a show and tell on his new trees that grow quickly called Coastal Red Wood and Giant Sequoias.
- Ken Wonto4 passed his Extra Class Exam, Dr. Parker passed the Technician, and one other passed his technician as well (forgot to get his name).
NET CONTROL OPERATORS FOR NOVEMBER, DECEMBER AND JANUARY
16 Nov Frank KY4LDS 23 Nov Daniel 30 Nov Jeff KB9DVL
7 Dec Logan KG4VKB 14 Dec Frank KY4LDS 21 Dec Chris KC9RZV
28 Dec Daniel 4 Jan Logan KG4VKB 11 Jan Ken WA9WJL